Angels (and others) who bring good news
I have a confession to make: I like the TV series, Touched By an Angel. I like the series, not just because its weekly presentation offers a wholesome, well-acted human drama, but also because its stories are positive and uplifting, dealing with real-life situations.
And the Archangel Michael (illustrated in the beautiful icon at right) played an important part in the early history of my religious order.
Another reason why I find Touched by an Angel so attractive is the constant theme running through each episode of these angelic messengers of God:
God loves you.
That's a tough message to beat!Kilian McGowan, C.P., Editor
Other messengers featured in this issue:
- Remembering Mother Teresa - important ideas and lessons from a modern example of Christian living
- Recently in China - old friends and their challenges of living in modern China
- Sacred Sounds, Old and New ring out in a new recording of music for Advent and Christmas
- Journey of a Crucifix - this story reminds us that even on life's darkest paths, "we walk by faith, not by sight", and not alone
- Dedication of St Ann's Basilica provides a glimpse of the pageantry of the dedication and the day-to-day ministry at St Ann's in Pennsylvania.
Kilian McGowan, C.P. was founding editor of the Passionists Compassion and edited the magazine until his death in July, 1998.top of page
archives of the Passionists Compassion Magazine
© 1997, 2007 - all rights reserved - Passionist Missionaries of Union City, NJ USA